BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 15, 2009

When my notebook gone bad...

My beloved hp nx9000 aka "ging" is not getting younger. It has reached notebook retirement stage. It was just a year & 2months since i bought it. It was 2nd hand w/ a cheap price of P6,000.00 cash. It's actually my older brother who lend me money for having this one, thanks to him, after a few months I was able to pay him the full amount. I just bought it for recreational purposes like sound trips, games, movie-marathons, e-book readings, chatting & online surfing.

IMG0831A.jpg

I've spent most of my time with it at home after work & during weekends. It really entertains me a lot. Aside from entertainment, it makes me learn new things & helps me with my talents. I've installed adobe Photoshop and learned basic photo-editing with the help of my colleagues. My dream of being a recording arfist came a bit true with it when I was able to create a mini-recording studio at my room, I actually installed wave pad & mix pad softwares given by my good officemate whose so into music too. I actually record songs with instrumental music being downloaded from the net plus my own voice, singing like a pro. I made my own Tagalog-version of a level-up games RF-Online theme song "THE ONE" for a friend & won the "Level up! Video/Media Category at http://risingforce.levelupgames.ph/news_main_view.html?rid=195. To download, visit http://levelupgames.ph/images/TagalogRFsong.mp3. View its video version at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNe2aAzPe-8, it was created by my former multi-talented officemate, thanks to her. I've uploaded some of my recorded songs & videos as well as my beloved cat "brutus" videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/bemzlynx.

coffee break
Aside from entertainment purposes, I went to work with my Ging. It's one of those times when there's no available pc or notebook units at the office for me. I went to work like "dora-the-explorer" having my notebook backpack at my back. At first it was fun bringing it to the office but then it was a pain the back. Glad they had finally provided me with a notebook & I was happy that it's IBM thinkpad.

Then SADdenly, after 6months from purchase, I've encountered problems with Ging. It started with "printscreen"-key that keeps on clicking, making it hard for me to insert a copied image. Then it became more terrible when i can't chat or type well since "e"-key gets on clicking like "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". The "Ctrl-key" got uncontrollable. Then afterwards, other keys keep on clicking. I got it fixed but then after a few months it suffered super-System error that makes the hard drive fatal damage. After a month, I've spent P2,500.00 for a 2ndhand 40gb hard disk since its brand new hard disk was already faced-out and paid P500.00 for the repair & recovery. Atlast, it was finally back in action. I was using it for entertainment purposes again minus the application games & recordings.

Recently, during a series of unfortunate events, I decided to join a freelancing dimension. It was last August 21, 2009 when my previous company was dissolved, I was able to create an account but not totally spent my time on it. Afterwards, I began to apply for part-time online-jobs. Then luckily, i was able to win a client for a certain web software support assignment. Then on my first day of assignment, my ging gone bad...the down-key keeps on clicking and my firefox browser keeps on not responding. But i was glad i was able to execute well my first assignment which is to train one of the staff through skype. After that day, I was asked to make a documentation regarding the activities & correct usage of that certain software. When I was working on that task that night, same keyboard problem occurred & it got system error. It automatically restarted & it makes it's performance more slower. I was totally pissed about it. I've planned to have it fix again but i don't think it will make it better so i decided to have my new netbook sooner that day.

note: i was so pissed that i even remove the "down-key" & "right-key"...hehe too bad i can't return them back to their places.

BOTTOM LINE:
1. Don't buy secondhand laptops specially the cheaper ones who have reached adulthood...hehe
2. Don't remove anything or do something on your notebook without a technical support, you might not be able to return it well oh well...
3. Invest on brand new notebook/netbook with genuine softwares.

No comments:

Post a Comment